Congratulations to the Infinispan community on today’s release of Infinispan 5.2.0.Final! It looks like it’s full of really great new features and fixes, including:
- non-blocking state transfer enables serving requests while servers are joining and leaving the cluster
- cross-site replication for clusters that span sites
- rolling upgrades for HotRod servers
- improvements to the map-reduce framework (which we use internally)
- Infinispan modules for AS7.x that will not conflict with the older version of Infinispan that comes with AS7
We had been testing some of the recent 5.2.0.CRs, but ran into a couple of issues that were fixed in 5.2.0.Final. So if you’re feeling adventurous you can give ModeShape 3.1.1.Final + Infinispan 5.2.0.Final a whirl.
Our next minor release of ModeShape, 3.2, will use Infinispan 5.2 and newer versions of several other dependencies, including Hibernate Search, Lucene, and Tika. We hope to to release ModeShape 3.2.0.Final toward the end of February.