ModeShape 3.0.0.Alpha2 is now available in the JBoss Maven repository, and it’s ready for you to give it a spin. Most of the JCR features are implemented, and this second alpha release fixes quite a few issues and adds support for queries (except for full-text search) and clustering. See our release notes for details. For an overview of what’s new in 3.0, check out our Alpha1 announcement.
There are several things that are not working:
- Queries that use full-text search criteria don’t work, and neither does the JDBC driver.
- Shareable nodes don’t work.
- AS7 kits are minimally complete but probably not usable, since we depend on a slightly different Infinispan version than what is in AS 7.1.1.Final.
- The RESTful and WebDAV services aren’t working as we’d like, so we excluded them from the alpha.
- Federation is not yet working; see this discussion for how we want to expand federation capabilities.
If you find any problems, please report them. Please check the known/open issues before logging bugs.
As we mentioned earlier, we’re also overhauling our documentation to make it even more useful. It’s a little sparse at the moment, since we’re focusing on the code. Our What’s New and Getting Started pages are pretty useful, though, and should help you get your testing going. We also have some sample (and stand-alone) example Maven projects on GitHub that you can clone, hack, and use as a template to start putting ModeShape 3 through its paces.
Our next step is to start adding TCK tests and verifying ModeShape behaves properly in as many situations as we can check. We’ll also continue to implement the missing and incomplete features. We hope our next release is a feature-complete beta, so stay tuned!